Tuition & Fees
St. Michael the Archangel Catholic High School is committed to providing outstanding resources, faculty, academic programs, technology, facilities, and faith formation to the students and families in our community. Being good stewards of the financial resources entrusted to our school community by our families and generous donors is a top priority.
Current Tuition for the 2019-2020 school year: $9,995
**Due to the generosity of SMA benefactors, all SMA students pay a subsidized tuition that is approximately $3,600 less than the full cost to educate a student.
Registration Fee (per student): $375
In addition to the full education of each student, tuition also covers the following costs: technology software/licensing, retreat expenses, and other on-campus activities.
Remaining additional costs may include: the purchase of a MacBook for new students (families may purchase a MacBook for their student(s); model numbers can be found HERE) and Testing Fees for AP or dual enrollment courses.
In addition to the various opportunities for tuition assistance available to our families, SMA provides the following grants to offset the cost of tuition:
Diocesan Employee Grant • $1000
• Awarded to families whose parents are full-time Diocesan employees (per family)
KC-SJ Parishioner Grant • $700
• Awarded to families who are registered and active parishioners of a Kansas City-St. Joseph Catholic Parish.
Legacy Grant • $500
• Awarded to parent alumni of Archbishop O’Hara or St. Mary’s (per family)
Multiple Student Grant • $500
• For families with two students attending SMA
Total tuition for families with three or more students attending SMA in the same school year:
• Registered KC-SJ Parish Family • $18,590
• Non-KC-SJ Parish Family • $19,990
This grant covers the full tuition of the third student attending SMA.
Financial aid is available on a limited basis to families based on financial need. A consistent objective formula is used based on information provided to us by FACTS Tuition® where all financial aid applications are processed. This allows SMA to most responsibly and effectively award tuition assistance to our families.
Financial Aid Applications must be completed electronically through FACTS Tuition®. The link to apply for financial aid can be accessed through the Parent Portal to apply for admission to SMA. The link to apply for aid will be found at the bottom of your student’s checklist. Access your Parent Portal HERE.
Each family’s financial situation is reviewed and financial assistance is provided based on need relative to the rest of our community’s need.
- The maximum amount of tuition assistance that is available is 60% of the current tuition.
- Of those who applied for financial aid for the 2018-2019 school year, the average family received $1,280 in additional financial aid.
- Additionally, 82% of SMA students received some sort of financial assistance.
Tuition Payment Plan
Families may establish a payment plan and make scheduled payments through FACTS Tuition®, our tuition management provider. Tuition payments may be scheduled at the following monthly rates on the 5th or the 20th of each month:
• Twelve Payments: Payments due each month from June 2019 through May 2020
• Ten Payments: Payments due each month from July 2019 through April 2020
• Quarterly Payments: Payments due July 2019, October 2019, January 2020, and April 2020
• Semi-Annual Payments: Two equal payments due July 2019 and December 2019 ($50 discount per family)
• Annual Payments: One payment due July 2019 ($100 Discount per family)
St. Michael the Archangel offers two academic scholarships to incoming freshmen students who have taken the High School Placement Test with St. Michael the Archangel:
• President’s Scholarship • $1000
This scholarship is awarded to the student that scores highest on the HSPT with SMA for the 2020-2021 school year.
• Principal’s Scholarship • $500
This scholarship is awarded to the remaining students who have achieved a composite score in the 95th percentile or higher with SMA for the 2020-2021 school year
Additional scholarships are available through the benevolence of SMA donors and benefactors to students who have completed the corresponding scholarship application online at smacatholic.org/scholarships by February 15,2020.
Apply for scholarships HERE
To discuss tuition payment with a representative from SMA, call Jim Chladek at 816.499.8608