Financial Aid Information Night
Please join us from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, November 30 for an informational night about Financial Aid for the 2022-2023 school year at St. Michael. New information about applications, submission timeline and processes will be covered. For questions, email Finance Controller, Joe Arnone, email@example.com.
Tuition & Fees
St. Michael the Archangel Catholic High School is committed to providing outstanding resources, faculty, academic programs, technology, facilities, and faith formation to the students and families in our community. Being good stewards of the financial resources entrusted to our school community by our families and generous donors is a top priority.
Tuition for the 2021-2022 school year: $10,200
**Due to the generosity of SMA benefactors, all SMA students pay a subsidized tuition that is approximately $4,000 less than the full cost to educate a student.
Registration Fee (per student): $375
Amount due when annual contract is signed in February.
In addition to the full education of each student, tuition also covers the following costs: technology software/licensing, retreat expenses, and other on-campus activities.
Remaining additional costs may include: the purchase of a MacBook for new students (see Technology page for details), Testing Fees for AP or dual enrollment courses.
In addition to the various opportunities for tuition assistance available to our families, SMA provides the following grants to offset the cost of tuition:
Diocesan Employee Grant • $1000
• Awarded to families whose parents are full-time Diocesan employees (per family)
KC-SJ Parishioner Grant • $700
• Awarded to families who are registered and active parishioners of a Kansas City-St. Joseph Catholic Parish.
Multiple Student Grant • $500
• For families with two students attending SMA
Financial aid is available on a limited basis to families based on financial need. A consistent objective formula is used based on information provided to us by FACTS Tuition® where all financial aid applications are processed. This allows SMA to most responsibly and effectively award tuition assistance to our families.
All Financial Aid Applications must be completed electronically through FACTS Tuition®. Prospective SMA students must also have an Application to St. Michael the Archangel on file to apply for financial aid.
Each family’s financial situation is reviewed and financial assistance is provided based on need relative to the rest of our community’s need.
- The maximum amount of tuition assistance that is available is 40% of the current tuition.
- Of those who applied for financial aid for the 2020-2021 school year, the average family received $1,280 in additional financial aid.
- Additionally, 82% of SMA students received some sort of financial assistance.
Tuition Payment Plan
Families may establish a payment plan and make scheduled payments through FACTS Tuition®, our tuition management provider. Tuition payments may be scheduled at the following monthly rates on the 5th or the 20th of each month:
• Twelve Payments: Payments due each month from June 2021 through May 2022
• Ten Payments: Payments due each month from July 2021 through April 2022
• Quarterly Payments: Payments due July 2021, October 2021, January 2022, and April 2022
• Semi-Annual Payments: Two equal payments due July 2021 and December 2021 ($50 discount per family)
• Annual Payments: One payment due July 2021 ($100 Discount per family)
St. Michael the Archangel offers two academic scholarships to incoming freshmen students who have taken the High School Placement Test at St. Michael the Archangel:
• President’s Scholarship • $1000
This scholarship is awarded to the student that receives a composite score of 99th percentile on the HSPT with SMA for the 2021-2022 school year.
• Principal’s Scholarship • $500
This scholarship is awarded to the remaining students who have achieved a composite score in the 95th percentile or higher with SMA for the 2021-2022 school year
Additional tuition scholarships are available through the benevolence of SMA donors and benefactors to students.
To discuss tuition payment with a representative from SMA, call Joe Arnone at 816.499.8608 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org