Scholarships are available through the benevolence of SMA donors and benefactors to students who have completed the corresponding scholarship application using the form below by March 6th, 2019. Current school year tuition must be up to date for students to be considered for scholarships for the upcoming school year.
Academic scholarships are available to incoming freshmen students who have taken the High School Placement Test with St. Michael the Archangel and have achieved the following scores:
- President’s Scholarship of $1000 • Awarded to the student that scores highest on the HSPT with SMA for the 2019-2020 school year
- Principal’s Scholarship of $500 • Awarded to the remaining students who have achieved a composite score in the 95th percentile or higher with SMA for the 2019-2020 school year
Financial Aid Applications must be completed electronically through FACTS Tuition® and is accessible HERE. The financial aid application must be fully completed before the deadline of March 6, 2019.
Each family’s financial situation is reviewed and financial assistance is provided based on need relative to the rest of our community’s need.
- For current students, the financial aid application must be fully completed before the deadline of March 6, 2019, and current school year tuition must be up to date.
- The maximum amount of tuition assistance that is available is 60% of the current tuition.
- There is no guarantee that an application will result in financial aid. A consistent objective formula is used based on information provided to us by an independent agency where all prospective applications are completed. This allows SMA to most responsibly and effectively award tuition assistance to our families.
Diocesan Employee Grant (per family • $1000
• Awarded to families whose parents are full-time Diocesan employees
Legacy Grant • $500
• Awarded to parent alumni of Archbishop O’Hara or St. Mary’s (per family)
Multiple Student Grant • $500
• For families with two students attending SMA
Total tuition for families with three or more students attending SMA:
• Registered KC-SJ Parish Family • $18,590
• Non-KC-SJ Parish Family • $19,990
2019-2020 Scholarship Application
Please contact us for your Scholarship Application.
Kevin O’Neil Phillips, Class of ’85 Archbishop O’Hara High School, Memorial Scholarship
Kevin Phillips lived life with a joyful, dedicated, and passionate heart. How will this scholarship help you achieve your life goals at SMA?
What do you intend to do to pay forward the kindness and generosity given in memory of Kevin Phillips?
SJL KofC Scholarship
In what ways have you exemplified cheerful attitude while serving others in need? How has service in the past allowed you to have a more joyful spirit?
Rena Espinosa Scholarship
How does your parent’s experiences from their time St. Mary’s High School effect to your own time Catholic Education, and what have you learned from them? What service do you do for your community that makes you a good representative of St. Michael the Archangel Catholic High School?
Margaret Marian Reed Scholarship
Why is it important to be able to practice and study the faith in a high school environment? How do you intend to take advantage of being a part of a high school that has a faith-based approach to growth?
Mary Jo Vowells Memorial Scholarship
The mission statement of St. Michael the Archangel Catholic High School is: Through Jesus Christ, St. Michael the Archangel Catholic High School, calls young men and women to embrace their God-given gifts in order to Know Truth, Love God and Serve Others as His brave and humble disciples. How will you use your God-given gifts to live for Christ and to disciple others at St. Michael the Archangel Catholic High School?