Dear SMA students and guardians,
It is time to sign up for our Summer Mission Trip!! are going to partner with the Archdiocese of Kansas City through their summer Missions program, Prayer & Action. The mission trip will be held in Topeka, KS on July 12-17. We are able to take 16 students. We have 14 spots left. Please bring a check addressed to St. Michael the Archangel Catholic High School with $100.00 to reserve your spot BY JANUARY 24.
The idea for Prayer and Action was formed by seminarians who wanted to offer a low cost mission trip experience which provided service and care to people in their own communities. Students arrive on Sunday evening and stay until Friday morning. Throughout the week the students will paint, clean, do yard work, and perform other meaningful tasks for the poor, disabled and elderly. In the evenings, students will participate in a retreat experience, offering opportunities for students to deepen their faith and grow in community with their peers.
The Most Pure Heart of Mary Parish will host Prayer & Action for the summer and our students will camp out inside the Parish school in separate sleeping quarters for men and women. The prayer and action experience is facilitated by a mission team which consists of ArchKCK seminarians and other dynamic young adults. Prayer & Action also offers daily experiences for our students to grow in their faith through Mass, Adoration, Rosaries, Daily Prayer, Liturgy of the Hours, Reconciliation, Faith Sharing times, and other intentional faith filled dialogue with Seminarians and Religious.
Interested in signing up?
● We are able to bring 16 students total on this mission. (If we have more interest, we can advocate to have an additional week option for SMA.)
● 16 students may sign up for the week of July 12-17
● If you would like to attend and be included please submit a check to SMA for $100.00 to reserve your spot along with emailing email@example.com. THIS DEPOSIT IS DUE JANUARY 24 AND IT IS A FIRST COME FIRST BASIS
● Cost $200 – covers transportation, food, supplies, & accommodations. Full payment will be due by March 1, 2020.
● This will cover your students CSP hours for the 2020/2021 school year.
● More information on Prayer and Action HERE
Jana Burns, Social Worker