St. Michael the Archangel High School is accepting applications for a head baseball coach for the upcoming academic year. The ideal candidates will demonstrate commitment to Catholic Doctrine, and be knowledgeable in the sport. Preferred candidates will possess a Missouri Teaching Certificate or be working toward certification
The coach organizes and administers the sport for the school pursuant to Diocesan and state and/or other governing board policies. The position is hired and evaluated by the principal.
- Coach all practice sessions and all scheduled games.
- Supervise students continuously while on duty and require students to behave appropriately.
- Distribute, collect and inventory the equipment.
- Assist with record keeping and the presentation of awards to the athletes.
- Serve as a role model for student athletes in the promotion and practice of sportsmanship, ethical principles and responsible behavior.
- Enforce the academic eligibility requirements.
- Observe all safety and health regulations.
- Interpret and promote school/Diocesan policy and philosophy as it applies to the functions of the booster groups.
- Follow a chain of command of: Athlete/parent to coach and Coach to principal
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Extensive knowledge of applicable sport(s) coached
- CPR certification with mandatory annual review
- Trained in Protecting Gods Children