St. Michael the Archangel High School is accepting applications an Assistant Volleyball coach position for the upcoming academic year. The ideal candidates will demonstrate commitment to Catholic Doctrine, and be knowledgeable in the sport. Preferred candidates will possess a Missouri Teaching Certificate or be working toward certification.
The coach organizes and administers the sport for the school pursuant to Diocesan and state and/or other governing board policies. The position is hired and evaluated by the principal and athletic director.
- Coach all practice sessions and all scheduled games.
- Supervise students continuously while on duty and require students to behave appropriately.
- Distribute, collect and inventory the equipment.
- Assist with record keeping and the presentation of awards to the athletes.
- Serve as a role model for student athletes in the promotion and practice of sportsmanship, ethical principles and responsible behavior.
- Enforce the academic eligibility requirements.
- Observe all safety and health regulations.
- Interpret and promote school/Diocesan policy and philosophy as it applies to the functions of the booster groups.
- Follow a chain of command of: Athlete/parent to coach and Coach to principal
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Extensive knowledge of applicable sport(s) coached
- CPR certification with mandatory annual review
- Trained in Protecting Gods Children